I've just come back from a weekend in Dublin and realised that in order to feel good I need beautiful things or people around me. Dublin was a great city but it can't be described as beautiful - in fact it was a little bit dour. Ok -Trinity College was lovely but a lot of the buildings were tenements or student accommodation. The shops were great but there's a limit to how much you can shop in a weekend.
We did the Guiness tour, which was interesting and looked at Dublin from the bar on the 7th floor, drinking our free pint of Guiness. Everyone says it tatses better in Dublin. Can't say I noticed! Anyway looking out over the city was a bit depressing and that was when I realised that I need beauty around me.
I suppose I'm lucky because I live in the Lake District and every journey to work is stunning. Quite often the sun rises behind me as I drive towards the Lakes and mountains. If there is snow on the tops it becomes painted with a rose pink hue- sometimes I have to just stop and drink it in. Anyway I'm going to write a blog and try to discover something beautiful every day for a year. Today has been a fantastic spring day and the light over the Lakes is cool and clear so my beautiful item for today is sunshine- I do love sunshine!
No comments:
Post a Comment