Well breakfast was interesting. We went to one of the malls that had a food floor, where lots of different sorts of food was available. There was Japanese, all sorts of Chinese rice and noodle dishes, a porridge bar and ( I didn't try this) an offal bar. It's a bit strange having fried rice noodles for breakfast.
We the went on and found Arab street which is a real trading centre for fabrics, especially silks. There was also some beautiful Swiss cotton. I could have spent a lot of money, but as we have reached our weight allowance for the flight, I restrained myself and just got some silk for my pillowcases.
This afternoon we went on the mrt (tube) to the Chinese gardens. It was very hot, but also very quiet. I thought there would be more people around. Maybe it's the quiet season for tourists. Or maybe the whole world is shopping.
We leave early tomorrow morning for Auckland. It will be good to stay at my son's in Wellington and relax.
No comments:
Post a Comment